Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Serious Question! Do Farts Rise?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pookster, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Ok, if hot air rises, do Farts rise? Or sink if its denser than air....

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Why don't you experiment and let us know. You can use people at bus stops as test subjects. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I think they pretty much disperse in every direction. However, they definitely rise, I can tell you that, otherwise you'd never smell 'em.

On a side note: NEVER drop while wearing chest waders...the only place for it to escape is right past your nose.

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I've always wondered why a fart can quickly escape your pants yet a fart will stay under the sheets for hours....

5. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Why don't you experiment and let us know. You can use people at bus stops as test subjects. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    You've obviously never taken mass transit in NYC. You cant tell if its the bus that smells, the train that smells, the dead rats in the tunnel that smells, or of someone farts.

that said, you can still tell. Its just that nobody will ever fess up, they pretend like it never happened!!!

6. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I think they linger more so than rise or fall. They must have some sort of sticky quality to them. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

They rise. They also disperse in the air almost instantly touching other atoms.

I guess it really depends on the weather... If its colder than body temperature, it will rise. If its really hot and muggy, it will likely not rise but instead diffuse even faster in the air atoms bacause of the rate both are moving. If its cooler outside the atoms in the air are moving slower, thus when a 'FART' is released it hits the cooler atoms and reacts by searching for other atoms at the same movement rate (IE temperature) to swap neutons with. Similar to how you can have cool and hot spots in water after going #1. Its take a few minutes for the warmer #1 to disperse in the cooler water. It has a harder time breaking down and swapping neutrons with other atoms, so effectively it has to cool to swap neutons. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif So, dispersion is slower. Using this same concept in the air, knowing that heat rises and the average outside temperature is lower than an average humans interal temperature the fart will rise till all of the atoms have cooled and diffused. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

8. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

I'm a snowmobiler in the winter, and you have to wear either a suit or bib's, and a coat to stay warm.

So I can say from experience, that they definately do rise! Everything purged come's out around the neck hole in the jacket. Whewww /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif That way I get to enjoy? them twice. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I had to sleep on the top bunk at my friends house when I went to visit her. Her sons room was the only other place to sleep besides the sofa and the dog claimed it. Anyhow that kid farted away like he was trying to power a small country at night. I got to enjoy all of em... so yes they rise....

10. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    They rise. They also disperse in the air almost instantly touching other atoms.

I guess it really depends on the weather... If its colder than body temperature, it will rise. If its really hot and muggy, it will likely not rise but instead diffuse even faster in the air atoms bacause of the rate both are moving. If its cooler outside the atoms in the air are moving slower, thus when a 'FART' is released it hits the cooler atoms and reacts by searching for other atoms at the same movement rate (IE temperature) to swap neutons with. Similar to how you can have cool and hot spots in water after going #1. Its take a few minutes for the warmer #1 to disperse in the cooler water. It has a harder time breaking down and swapping neutrons with other atoms, so effectively it has to cool to swap neutons. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif So, dispersion is slower. Using this same concept in the air, knowing that heat rises and the average outside temperature is lower than an average humans interal temperature the fart will rise till all of the atoms have cooled and diffused. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You put it like that and it almost takes the funny out of a fart /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    You put it like that and it almost takes the funny out of a fart /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

12. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, they rise, i'm always suffocating myself sittin here surfin CK5 and farting reading some of the BS on here. Not sure if my farts or the BS though sometimes. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

So in effect, every time you fart you create a mini tornado. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well when you Fart in the tub they Float to the top /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    Well when you Fart in the tub they Float to the top /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Air disperses/defuses in water also, So farting the tub, though its fun, is just like bathing in your own poo /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    As the air passes through the water it makes and breaks chemical bonds with the water particals and the water takes on properties of the air passing through it. Just like an air raider in a fish tank (how do you get air back into the water for the fish to live.... make bubbles! as the bubbles pass through the water they swap nuetrons and water becomes air raided... IE the properties change)

AH college science classes... we had WAY too much time and WAY too much Alcohol /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

16. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Its fun farting while you are in my garage /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

17. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Just like an air raider in a fish tank

[/ QUOTE ]

air raider ??

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I think a crouded elevater would be a better test site. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif