Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Serious Sandwich question...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Aug 4, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Okay, first, THIS IS NOT A WASTE OF BANDWIDTH! I am seriously asking this for serious answerrs.

When eating a sandwich made with a harder bread (i.e. french bread) and when you bite, is there a way to prevent all the insides from trying to slide out the oposite end your biting? I was just eating a sandwich, and had a 5" circlular piece of JUST bread, no meat/veggies/cheese at all. This really makes eating a sandwich displeasing.
    Anyone know how to prevent this symtom? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Isn't this a repost /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Ask Capman /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Isn't this a repost

Ask Capman

[/ QUOTE ]

i was thinking the same thing. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

i always hold onto the "butt" of the sand which, keeps the stuff from sliding out. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

the lesson here is to not eat Frog...errr... French bread. lol!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

j

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Not wasting if your paying and as for the sandwich, add lots of oil and vinager.... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Funny.... I was eating a hoagie last night... and all the stuff tried to slide out on me... but I took some of the tips I was given, and they still didn't work... But I didn't drop any of my sandwich on the plate, so I was doing SOMETHING right /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...

REEEEEEEE-POOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSST!!!!!!!!!!!

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

wheres the advicce cappy!!

9. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Well...... Depends on what kind of sandwich you're eating...

I assume you're talking about a Sub type sandwich.

You gotta wrap your hands around the sides... This can get quite messy, but it holds the stuff inside... I also try, if the sandwich isn't too wide, to eat straight on rather than at an angle or from the side...

Or you can just go to Subway. I don't have an trouble eating their sandwiches... Must be the way they cut the bread /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yeah... continuing on with what I was talking about... In the event that you have to go at it from an angle (45 degree works best for me), I usually put one hand around the other end, and one hand on the other side, and gently apply pressure to the side opposite the one I'm biting.

It's all a matter of simple physics. You bite down on one side, and the pressure from your mouth pushes everything the opposite direction. So, you put equal pressure on the opposite side, directly across from your mouth, and the meat then pushes away from your hand and toward your mouth. But at the same time, your mouth is pushing the meat toward your hand.

It takes some practise, and hand eye coordination, not to mention some huge muscles (I'm built like Gov. Schwartzenegger and I still have troubles), but you too can eat a sandwich...

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I don';t have any problems eating Subway, just other harder breads.

I will try to do those precise techniques... when I have my next sandwich I will try the oppostie side and see how that works. Hopefully my hands won't get to messy /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    Thanks Carl /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

12. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah... continuing on with what I was talking about... In the event that you have to go at it from an angle (45 degree works best for me), I usually put one hand around the other end, and one hand on the other side, and gently apply pressure to the side opposite the one I'm biting.

It's all a matter of simple physics. You bite down on one side, and the pressure from your mouth pushes everything the opposite direction. So, you put equal pressure on the opposite side, directly across from your mouth, and the meat then pushes away from your hand and toward your mouth. But at the same time, your mouth is pushing the meat toward your hand.

It takes some practise, and hand eye coordination, not to mention some huge muscles

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Ahhhh keep that kind of talk between you and the kid. You must have alot of practice eating meat. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

J/K

13. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Isn't that what those pretty toothpicks are for that they stick in your sandwich at restaurants? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Just be careful where you bite down if you use them. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

14. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Isn't that what those pretty toothpicks are for that they stick in your sandwich at restaurants? Just be careful where you bite down if you use them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was gonna say the same thing! If you have that much trouble w/ the sandwich just buy some toothpicks and and stick them inside the sandwich. As you get closer to the toothpicks pull them out and the meat won't slide around.

15. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I would, but the only way I could it to carry in my pocket, toothpick+pocket=ouch! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

16. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

SIMPLE!!! just wrap the sandwich with a paper towell ,or some toilet paper /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif then proceed munching /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Personally I don't like tiolet paper/or paper towels /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

18. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

i know i was joking /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif, just wrap it with a paper towel /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif not the kind that get soggy easily either /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gifthe good ones.Then munch /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

LOL,
    I may try to use thick paper towel, see how that works /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

20. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

getcha some wax paper and wrap it up in that. Then it would be like that paper subway wraps it up in, I think htey wrap it in that incase you are gonna like eat in the car or something. Also, Hardees wraps their massive 2/3lb bacon double cheese thickburger (mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm) in it.