Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Serp. belt length

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by broc944, Apr 1, 2006.

1. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

I am beginning to hate this on board air system. Current issue is my belt, it is to short. Hoping someone else has done the same thing as me so I do not have to guess at what size belt I need. 350 TBI, 91 V2500 Burb, I removed my factory compressor, am using a Kilby mounting plate for The York. Belt is way to short to wrap around the larger pulley of The York, then the Harrison Compressor I had previously. Any help with belt sizes or numbers would be greatly appreciated.

And I thought this was going to be one of the easier mods that could be done, nothing but problems so far:mad: .

2. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

This might be a bit hard to do by yourself but run some string around the pulleys in the normal belt routing, but you'll need to move the tensioner a bit. Then measure with a tape measure. I usually buy 3 belts, one exact, one big and one smaller than the measurement then return the 2 that don't work. I buy 2 belts of the right size and zip tie one under the hood so I always have a spare.