Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Serpentine Belt pics needed

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BowtieBlazer, Jan 25, 2004.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Search feature is down, I'm lookign for pics of your setup and what length is your belt, I believe mine will be around a 923 k6. Looking mostly at bracing on the backets and what you did...I cracked my driver's side bracket where the lower alt bolt attaches to the back part of the bracket, damn cast aluminum!

Anyone have any suggestions besides replacing that entire bracket? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif 4min epoxy did nothing

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

My friend is coming over today and if I have a chance I'll snap a pic of it. He has a 89 , with a/c and no smog. If that helps /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

With my particular setup, my belt size is a 955k6. We will get you some pics in a bit for ya.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

The pics you requested,,,
    They are kinda hard to make out because the fan shroud is kinda in the way, if you ned better pics i will remove the top part of the shroud and get you some. just let me know what ya need..... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The passenger side, really only a view of the AC compressor,,
    [​IMG]
    A diagram of the belt routing,,
    [​IMG]

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Take a look at your broken bracket, just below the alternator, and find the part number. It's cast into the part. If it's a 10233233 then I have a brand new one I'd sell ya cheap. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif GM gets about $80 for a new one. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif