Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Serpentine Drive Brackets

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by biobry, Feb 9, 2005.

1. biobry

biobry Registered Member

I picked up a set of the aluminum brackets to convert my 85 GMC to Serpentine belt. I bead blasted the brackets, and was thinking of spraying them with clear to help preserve the appearance...any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Bryan

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

3. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

i plan on converting to serpentine belts on my blazer. the motor is out of a 1990 blazer and has the v belts. what vehicles have the same accesory placement but use serpentine belts? im also ditching the a/c.

4. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

any tbi truck with a 4.3 v6 or small block V8 would work. These brackets are all the same and when they don't have ac a idler pulley was just added where the compressor would normally be. S-10 blazers are a great source for these as long as the have the 4.3 engine.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

no serpentine setups have the same accessory setup. Alternator is on opposite side, same for the A/C, its just the way it is. Means a pain if you have A/C, need to have new lines made or get the lines from the donor vehicle. If no A/C its not hard to change. You need a new water pump as well, the V-Belt one is a standard flow but the serpentine is a reverse flow since the belt runs the other way across its pulley. Doesn't hurt to get a new water pump anyway. I haven't located a nice aluminum reverse flow but I haven't really looked either. Going rear radiator so more flow will be neccessary as well as a little bit lighter is always good.