Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Service and repair manuals

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ankarback, Aug 28, 2006.

1. ankarback

ankarback 1/2 ton status

I'm about to buy a repair manual for my new blazer. What is the difference between a RVGP Service manual and a Unit repair manual. I was looking on books4cars and don't know what to buy:o

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

You'll want both. They were originally sold as part of a set, which also included a wiring manual. EFI trucks also had a "Driveablity and Emmissions" manual that has tons of great info on the fuel injection system.

I think I paid around $60 USD for the whole set for my '87 K5, but that was back in 1989. The last set I bought was for our '94 Suburban, which I bought in '98 or '99. It's a 4 or 5 book set and cost $160! :shocked: But it has also paid for itself many times over. :cool1:

3. ankarback

ankarback 1/2 ton status

Thanks a lot for the info, then I have to buy all three. I bought the service manual for my -76 K5 and it has also paid for itself many times over.

Now I've bought a diesel K5 and I don't know anything about diesels except that they smell bad so I really need the manual :D .