Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

service engine light question on my 87 blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sicuro, Feb 28, 2002.

1. sicuro

sicuro Registered Member

I have a 1987 k5 blazer with 114,000, miles on it, it runs really good, but just up until now the service engine light comes on and the truck sounds and feels like it's running bad, also when i go around turns the gas seem's to shut down for a sec, and then goes back to normal, it doesn't shut down but it just has no gas for that sec, it had a tune just recently and the fuel filter was changed, any ideals would be appricated,,also when the light goes out it starts to run normal,,,,,,,,,

2. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

I don't know about the check eng. light but the fuel thing sounds like the baffle in tank came loose.
    Jim

88 Silverado K5 5.7-700R-208-10 bolts-4.56-35in
    Procomp AT's- some ORD stuff & a CV driveshaft

3. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

what code did the computer throw out? You do have a code reader right? if not, GET ONE...it can help you pin-point the source of engine troubles...The computer will store the code until the battery is disconnected...See what happens...

Chris

Was that a speed bump? No, just a Rice Rocket </font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/fortcollinsram>My 87 Blazer</a>

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Go one step further than a code reader if you can afford it - a scanner. AutoXray has good one's for apx $150 that can read all computer parameters and sensors. Well worth the money. Posted this link a couple of days ago, here's the code list - <font color=blue> ONE TON</font color=blue> <font color=green>TPI'd</font color=green><font color=red> BEAST<font color=red>[/b]

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Yeah the Blazer pics

<font color=blue>Nevada... Where the pavement ends and the west begins