Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

service manual

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cavalry, Mar 1, 2001.

1. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    Some dude wants to sell me a service manual for a 84 its only like 229 pages... I thought a service manual was like 2000 pages. It this just one of the four books or something else entirely?

Luke
    84 K5
    [​IMG]

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Did you ask him what kind it was?.....He might be trying to sell ya a Haynes or something like that and those are only about that many pages.....

"I love the sound rice burners make when ya run over them"

3. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    its a gm manual says "light duty trucks service manual" The others i have seen are 4 or so books and all say "1 of 4" or whatever...this does not have ant of that.

Luke
    84 K5
    [​IMG]

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Thats about right. On the front cover there might be a number that starts with 330-?? You HAVE to make sure it is 10-30 series though, I bought an S-10 one of Ebay, since I saw no picture, I had no way of knowing. Both are called light duty truck manuals. Also found there are "preliminary" service manuals, like I have, that left out things like the transfer cases. They really are only worth what you are willing to pay, $25 is usually my upper limit.

Dorian
    My K5 and Chev/Olds tech/links page: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</A>