Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SES Light...

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by Drey, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I got a 96 Blazer with the HighOutput 4.3 Vortec recently. I have installed all four new O2 sensors and also an EGR Vavle all of which the original equipment was bad. It performs significantly better...but I still get the SES light when I run it real hard for a mile or two, or when I roll it up around 75-80. It lose alot of power, and have almost no acceleration unless i have the pedal to the floorboard. Also shifting gets screwed up, I wont get second gear till like 35 then it kicks it in real hard and if on gravel it leaves scratch marks.
    Do you guys have any idea what it could be. Ive also had a friend reset my system with his OBD2 thing a few times and it works great till I run my Blazer hard enough to kick the SES light on.

2. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Try the TPS or check the tranny module. Aw who am I kidding, I don't know crap about it. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

3. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

the EGR passages might be plugged, but lets not guess, go get it scanned and post the code # for us

4. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Well i finally took it in, and got it looked at, Fuel Pump wasnt puttin out enough PSI for the Vortec 4.3 runs way better and i can actually run it up to the 95 MPH cut out for the first time since ive owned it.:grin:

5. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I added a new mass air flow sensor, I think that was the problem all along :doah: