Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

seting the drag link

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Justin Fleming, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Justin Fleming

Justin Fleming 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Is there som procedure for setting the draglink up. My wheel was off center so I was messing with the drag link and now it turns well one direction and barley the other. It is ovious that I didnt have the gear box arm in the correct position. So back to the question is there a procedure??

thanks

Justin

2. Justin Fleming

Justin Fleming 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Does anyone have any insite on this??

3. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

It's just a matter of centering it. If you've got say, 4 turns one way, and 2 the other adjust the ends so you have 3 each way ( or how ever many). When you get an equal amount (roughly), centre the road wheels and adjust the drag link to bring the steering wheel to centre.

4. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Pull up to your shop or whatever in a straight line. Park the truck but leave the key turned so the column ins't locked. Loosen the 2 bolts on your draglink adjester sheith. Use a stubby straight screwdriver and put in the slit and turn the sheith one way or the other and watch the steering wheel and figure out if it needs more turning that way or the other then center steering wheel. I usually then snug up the bolts then drive it slowly and see where it is then you can just jump out and fine tune the adjustment till it is center while driving then tighten up bolts. Hope that makes sense :rolleyes:

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

\
    That's the way I did it, just I used a pipe wrench to turn it. Take it slow and it is easy.