Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

setings for tranny kick back lever

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big_bad_blazer, Mar 2, 2003.

1. big_bad_blazer

big_bad_blazer Registered Member

ok, i jsut put a 406 in my blazer. but as you can tell i have problum. the truck this cam out of had a 700 r4 tranny . and i have a th350. ther is to much slack in the kick back or throw back lever or what ever you want to call it. it is the tranny cable that goes to the carb. now my question, what are the setings for that and how to i go about seting that. info would be greatly apreciated

2. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

The 700R4 has a TV cable that if adjusted improperly will burn up a tranny pretty quick.
    The Th350 just has a kickdown cable for downshifting. As far as i know it's not a critical adjustment like the 700r4.
    Basically all you need to do is pull on that cable to its furthest range of motion, about 1" foreward. You need to make that point mounted to your throttle at Wide Open Throttle.
    So that when you totally floor it, the cable is totally pulled. make sense?
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif