Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Setting Assist Ram?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Citizen Rider, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

How do i know where the correct possition is for the PSC ram ends when installed?

Theres alot of adjustment allowed between the 2 ends. How do i go about getting it set correctly?

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Thread the ends as far on/in as they will go if you're going to have some form of adjustable steering clamp on the tie rod otherwise leave a bit of room for adjustment. I just made a post showing my two piece adjustable steering clamp that my buddy just made for me.

3. Citizen Rider

The ram comes with weld on tabs. So ill probly utilize those. My main concern is overextension of the ram in a direction causing the knuckle to be bent/broke.

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Ok, you're talking about limiting the travel of the ram itself. This is done by making a spacer to install inside the ram. Once you've determined what the stroke of movement is then you need to limit the ram to that stroke or maybe just a hair shy. You will need to remove the end cap on the ram and slip the required thickness spacer over the shaft and inside the ram then reinstall the end cap.

For instance if you only need 7" of travel you will need to make a 1" spacer to install inside the ram.

5. Citizen Rider

Oh, i fully understand the spacer thing. I just was sayin i want to get it right the first time and not need a second try:doah: