Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

setting up rear shock mounts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sf_wood, Oct 25, 2005.

1. sf_wood

sf_wood Registered Member

if i jack my truck up by one wheel until the other side is off the ground,
    would that be full compression and full droop. 1977 k10 350/ 465/205/d44 8lug/14bff/x-over/6" lift (ORD shackle flip,TCI springs) greasable bushings,front ORD shackles.bilstein 5125 14" travel shocks. i was looking at that moo rear kit but i guess i looked too long. I'm going to use f*rd uppers on front and the stock upper location(rear),new lowers. which will i have more of compression or droop.

2. sf_wood

someone????

3. randyb12

randyb12 Registered Member

full compression should be set just before the springs are flat. Don't let them go into a negitive arch. Set your bump stops at this point. Full droop is when the tire is off the ground.
    Now with the truck at its normal ride height measure the distance from the bump stop to where it hits the axle. Now add a 1/2" to this measurement and that is how much shaft (the shock shafdt) you should have showing at ride height.
    BTW you will probly have to relocate your upper shock mounts. Otherwise you will have the shocks down in the way of everthing you are tring to drive over.

4. sf_wood

:confused: do you have any suggestions on rear shock mounts ? i do not want to in board them. anything from anyone, pictures,diagrams,thoughts?

5. randyb12

randyb12 Registered Member

look around here and on the internet for "shock hoops".