Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Settled with insurance company. GETTING A NEW K5!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Dec 22, 2000.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Settled with the insurance company. Going to get $5,000, so now I can get another Blazer. My cousin and I rolled his S-10 Blazer today as well. That was a [censored] load of CRAP!! Ok, just thought I'd let ya'll know. I'm really excited about getting another K5. Later. PEACE!!

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Thats great! Not as much as you hoped I'm sure but at least now you can go K5 hunting with some cashola in your Jeans[​IMG]
    Do you have any in mind yet?
    Are you going to look for a stock/good shape rig or one thats already been lifted etc.?
    Maybe I missed it in a previous post but did they ever find your truck? Or who stole it?

Rene

[​IMG]

3. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

That's great. It's about time, that was around July wasn't it?? Hope nobody was hurt in your S-10 roll. I've seen a few mid '80s K5s for sale around town so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding one. Don't really know what you want, but try to give it some time. Spent a couple years looking off and on for mine and am glad I did.

Fencepost eater

4. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

That's great that it's FINALLY settled. Good luck finding a new money pit.

5. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Congrats! Good luck on your K5 search, just don't make the same mistakes that I did. I never looked under mine or opened the tailgate before I bought it. Of course, that was before I found this site so now when I look at them the first thing I do is crawl underneath and stay there for a while. That really gets sales people nervous!! [​IMG]

Joe
    RIT Mini-Baja http://www.rit.edu/~bajawww
    Team Mudnuts http://www.mudnuts.org

6. BLzr4x4ngkid

Nobody was seriously hurt in the roll over, just cuts, bumps, and scrapes. I'm already looking at K5's and I already have one in my sights. It's an '83 with a new 350, TH350, 4.10, 4" lift, 35" BFG MT's, brush guard with 5 KC lights, and a place to put a winch as well. The interior is in pretty good shape, but might need some new front seats. It also doesn't have power windows or door locks, but I might add that it does have a power rear window. I know the kid thinking about selling it. When he gets his new car, he said that I'll have first shot at buying it. Other than that, I'm still looking. Most of all......he's only asking $3,500!! Body is in great shape with no rust. I'm pleased. That's it. If I do buy it, I'm going to drop a 6" lift on it. Aight, I'm out. Later.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

7. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Good to hear you finally got that crap settled. I'll keep my eyes open for a Blazer for you. One of my friends freinds had an 85 for sale. I'll see if I can call him and find out if its still for sale.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

8. BLzr4x4ngkid

That works. I'm looking at that gray one with a black top and it sits over at Oliver and 2nd street. He's thinking about selling it to me for only $3,000-$3,500. He said he would ask $3,500, but I'll see if I can't talk him down to 3K. It's pretty nice all around. Has a new 350, TH350, 35" BFG MT's, dual exhaust with the 40 series Flowies(Flowmaster), and 4.10 gears. We'll see what happens. Peace.