Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Several CK5 Vendors make the magazines! January 04 Fourwheeler

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudzer, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I know, its probably not a big deal, but I noticed Missouri Offroad Outfitters made the truss section of the January 04 issue of Fourwheeler. His parts as well as ORD parts and 4x4 Iron were also in a feature article on the cover truck.

Does anyone here own that truck?

2. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

yea as soon as i saw the cover i niticed the axle truss

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Not sure if he is a Member here or not but the article referanced 4x4 Iron, MOO and ORD, and CK5 is the only place I know of that has had all three as sponsors/advertisers in some form or another so good chance he might read this. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Not only were a bunch of our sponsors mentioned/featured, but in the tech questions section, like four or the six questions were about Blazers. A CK5 mention would have been appropriate, but... Maybe we should start a campaign to get into one of the mags. I've seen some bitchin rigs around here that smoke half the crap they put in the mags these days.

5. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

lets get everyone to send in a readers ride picture, with CK5 writen in the window paint on the side, hehe

seriously though im with firefighter184 i see more and more rigs that look cool and all but may not preform.

6. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

I just saw it myself. Bryan basically ordered everything that we make, plus we worked out a design for his in bed tire carrier. I was surprised to see it on the cover, but I knew he was going all out on his build up. Awesome truck, awesome paint scheme. Too bad he did not mention CK5, but I know from talking to him that he is at least aware of the site, if not a member. When I get back from Farmington, I am going to give him a call to give congrats. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Does anyone here own that truck?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares? It has no place being on the cover of a magazine. It has a front 10 bolt, is carburated, and only has 35" tires. Dan's rig, yours, Steve's, or Brent's (K5Drager) or even my rig as soon as I'm done with the current stage of buildup could absoultely put that rig to shame. Certainly not a show truck, but not exactly a hardcore trail machine either. Just a truck with a lift, hydro assist, lockers, tires, and some bumpers. That is not cover truck material.

Before anyone bitches about the way I referred to his truck...it's a very nice truck. It's just that I have personally seen much nicer rigs that haven't made the cover of the mags. There are tons of rigs on this site alone that'd put that one to shame. Either way it's a nice shortbox, I really like it, and I'd love to have his rock sliders. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Anybody have some pics???? that issue hasn't come out yet here . Tim, most of the cover trucks from Fourwheeler are chromed 10-bolt crap .... or 80" lifted power jokes with no front driveshaft so it's no big surprise . I wish Full size 4x4 would have made it as a mag Cuz fourwheeler is chromed out junk and petersons is all tube buggy crazy we need something inbetween /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I know, I've ranted about Fourwheeler cover trucks before, it just makes me sick that even MY rig would probably out wheel that thing as soon as I'm done swapping in some parts that I have in the garage and I'm 20 years old. I know that MY truck will never grace the cover of a mag...so it makes me sick to see something that isn't anything special no the cover of a magazine.

10. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yeah most of those mag cover trucks come from those 4x4 jamborees where it's all show and no go there not concerened with function it's all about the BLING BLING with those guys

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    yeah most of those mag cover trucks come from those 4x4 jamborees where it's all show and no go there not concerened with function it's all about the BLING BLING with those guys

[/ QUOTE ]

That truck sure as hell isn't bling bling. It's a very nice, well built truck with a doubler, alloy front shafts with CTMs, rock sliders, nice bumpers, a 4 speed, lockers, etc. It's a great truck...it's just that there are much nicer and better built trucks on this site that should be on the cover.

12. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]

That truck sure as hell isn't bling bling. It's a very nice, well built truck with a doubler, alloy front shafts with CTMs, rock sliders, nice bumpers, a 4 speed, lockers, etc. It's a great truck...it's just that there are much nicer and better built trucks on this site that should be on the cover.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it "just has" A Doubler, Alloy Shafts, CTM's, Lockers, Rock Sliders, Bumpers, Custom Crossmember, 4 Speed for low low low crawl ratio, trimmed body, Swampers, and "stuff"... What else does it need to make "cover truck" status? I noticed a few things quirky about the truck, (none you mentioned) but I wouldn't call it not worthy by any stretch of the imagination. If you want to go that far - YOUR TRUCK has nothing but a lift kit and Swampers. Hell, Mine just has a Lift Kit, Swampers, Bumpers, Doubler, 1 Ton axles, Beadlocks, "and stuff" so It's probably not worthy of being a cover truk either! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I wasn't giving props to the truck as much as the people behind the fabrication involved in the truck. So, next time you decide to hijack one of my posts and turn it into another one of your rants - choose the zip it shut option. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Specifically, it doesn't even have a 30 spline outer D60, which I'd call that bare minimum to make the cover of a magazine...then again, there was a truck a few months ago on there with a D50 and huge tires.

Don't you think your rig is more worthy of a feature article than that truck? I've seen yours in the mag before, but you only got a little pic. They should have featured your truck instead of that one. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Sorry for hijacking your post, I was actually going to start my own to rant, but you'd already started one so I posted here. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

And as to the advertisers that supplied parts for that truck, /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif like I said a long time ago, those rocksliders are cool!! And of course we've got the beefy MOO tie rod/crossover steering upgrade, the 4x4 iron bumpers, ORD stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

He just forgot the two most important GM parts, D60 and EFI. (oops)

14. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

Im just glad to see a truck on the cover thats used for Wheeling for once. It could have been a truck for drive ins a t the mall like what we see a lot of in the mags. All of us have to start some ware I strted with my drive trian D60 14bff and Im thinking dubbler for christmass but i dont have any body arrmor and still a carb. I would say it is safe to say when the time comes and he want biger tires fe will use a D60 but until then he is running 35 and probably not stressing the 10 bolt more then it can hanal. Any way my point every day guys cant aford to do every thing at once so we all chose diffrent ways to get to the end product and his truck looks to me like it is on its way with a very good start we all no their never finnished.

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Im just glad to see a truck on the cover thats used for Wheeling for once. It could have been a truck for drive ins a t the mall like what we see a lot of in the mags. All of us have to start some ware I strted with my drive trian D60 14bff and Im thinking dubbler for christmass but i dont have any body arrmor and still a carb. I would say it is safe to say when the time comes and he want biger tires fe will use a D60 but until then he is running 35 and probably not stressing the 10 bolt more then it can hanal. Any way my point every day guys cant aford to do every thing at once so we all chose diffrent ways to get to the end product and his truck looks to me like it is on its way with a very good start we all no their never finnished.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I think it is the first truck I've seen on the cover of FourWheeler since I started getting it that had only 35s.

17. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

bitch when a chromed out show truck is on the cover

bitch when wheeler that doesn't the parts you want is on the cover

bitch because your truck isn't on the cover

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

18. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

When I read it I was expecting to see something about CK5. That truck is like a billboard for the sponsors here. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif to the wheeling Chevy on the cover!

19. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

I agree that is a hell of a truck and more than worthy of a cover. The only thing bad about it is the simulated beadlocks, everything else is pretty hardcore and it looks like he wheels it too. This is the first Four Wheeler Ive bought in at least a year just cause I saw this rig on the cover.

20. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Well I agree with mudzer. The truck is well built for what is has. A lot of us (myself included) are running 37" & up on srock 1/2 ton front axles. A cho-mo kit with ctm's is probably stronger than a D60 with stock stub shafts. The 35" tsl's certainly should not tax the front end. Ya the sim-locks are goffey, but there are no white letters on the tires or chrome on the diff. Enough from me though if I was that guy and read half of these "not a cover truck" rants I wouldn't speak up and say that I was a member, which (correct me if I am wrong neil) is the original intent of this post. Every body is worried about people seeing cover crap, I just hope people see me finish a trail with a smile on my face and some new rock rash to show.

now how about we work together to get some magazines to mention CK5??
    (I think the final lobby act to a mag should be performed by a more vested member, Fox)
    my .02 for now