Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Several Q;s in one (engine and drivetrain)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by neverendingproject, Dec 5, 2005.

1. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

Ive got two questions.

1. I bought some roller rocker that are mixed 1.6/1.5 ratios. I have a dual pattern cam that has more lift intake than exhaust. Which side would you put your 1.6 rocker on? Intake or exhaust?

2. I have been rolling an idea in my head and seraching hasnt answered it completely. I have access to ford D60's and D44's and drivers drop 241's, but not to chevy 60's or pass drop 241's. In theory would it be possible to swap my 208 and 10b and put in the driver drop 241 and ford D60 or D44 without too many issues? What would the issues be? Did NP make a cable speedo for a drivers drop? And is it possible to get a cable to work? What other Driveling issues would there be?

2. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

You would not want to put the 1.5's on the intake and the 1.6's on the exhaust. That would make your dual pattern cam keep the exhaust valve open way too much and throw the design of the cam way out of wack. If you did anything, I would put the 1.6's on the intake and the 1.5's on the exhaust which would bring you closer to a normal non dual pattern cam. My advise would be to buy 8 more 1.5 ratio rockers and go with a full set of 1.5's. The point of mixing rockers is to make a single pattern cam into a dual pattern (essentially).

3. neverendingproject

ttt anyone else?

4. neverendingproject

ttt and again?

5. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I dont think it would be a good idea to mix rocker ratios unless you really understand cam grinds and what you want out of the engine. Unless theres a purpose I would just put all 1.5 ir 1.6. The people who engineer these cams know what they're doing and its probably best to truct them.

6. BadBob

BadBob 1/2 ton status

Internal cylinder pressure makes the exhaust less sensitive, the intake doesn't have this advantage. Run them on the exhaust side only if you have to run them.

Cam companies pretty much know what they're doing. Unless you have a set of heads where the exhaust flows too much (say over 85% of the intake), you'd probably be better of with the same ratio rocker on both.

7. neverendingproject

Its the gmpp 383 cam which is pretty mild. I bought em new for half the price of a regular set, and I really dont have the money to buy 8 more 1.5's. If I put em on the exhaust with headers, do i run the risk of burning up my exhaust valves?

Also, could someone answer my second question? Right now thats nagging me more than the rockers.