Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Severance pay = Lift Kit!!!

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by 89GMCSuburban, Oct 18, 2002.

1. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Well, I work for Alamo Rent-a-car and I found out all locations other than the airport locations are being shut down, which means I'm gonna get a fattie check ...this means it's time for a lift. I've thought about it, and since this is my daily driver, I'm gonna get a 4" lift. I have a good amount of cash to spend, so what kit do you guys think I should get? Any Recommendations?

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

For the best ride out there, go with tuff country ez-ride. Soft springs yet still hold up well. I have the Rough Country 4" system, and my chevy is like a rock. Suspension...I don't know the meaning of the word. Anyway, that brings up another point. Buy a system (rear springs, not blocks) It will save hassle later when you realize that rear springs are the way to go.

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

don't buy pro-comp!! i have them and they suck!

superlift "super ride", sky jacker "soft ride", and tuff country "EZ ride" are all nice springs.

4. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

How bout Rancho? Their kits come with shocks and they make some of the best shocks. Are their springs good too?

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

rancho and pro-comp are the same company. rancho does make a good front spring, something like "prerunner" spring. marv springer has em i think.

6. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Maximum Altitude here has an all spring BDS 4" lift for $865...what do you guys think?

7. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I'm questioning the higher price because that's the highest I've seen for a 4" leaf sprung lift, but BDS makes a good product. I've got a shop near me and that's all they use. BDS used to be Big Dicks Suspension (can you see why they changed the name /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) Good soft springs for ride, and the best warranty available. I know it from heart...If you are the original purchaser of the lift kit and a part breaks on you at any time...we'll replace it free of cost. Hows that for a no-fine-print-warranty.
    I say go for it.

8. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I paid $594 for BDS 4" springs on all corners. I then bought the ORD greasable bushings,and Tuff Country U-bolts. Givem e 2 months and I should have it installed,but this is on a K5. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif