Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sex Offender Registries

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Apr 10, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I never thought about it but a link from Collegehumor made me realize states have Sex Offender Registries. So whatever I looked up my home town. Turns out this creepy guy who used to come in to my work very often went down for rape. IF its not him its his twin freaking brother. The guy was real religious as far as I knew, but what was creepy about him was every time he came into work he'd leave a piece of candy or gum or something for whoever is working. I thought it creepy but other employees said hes really an alright guy so don't worry about it. Yeah, I have to call the other employees :o

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

got a link?

i'd like to check my hometown here of Oceangoof...

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

A friend of mine has his name on the list. A girl accused him of rape, and later admitted that she lied because she was mad at him. It didn't matter, his name is still on the list - even being completely innocent.

5. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

that list is total bull****

if i get drunk, and get caught peeing in public, my name could be on that list for the rest of my life. exposure is a sex crime.

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I dunno about yours, but mine (NY) says what the crime was and the ages of the victims.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I have mixed feeling about that list. I belive parents should know if a child molester is living near them, but I think our courts are very quick too convict anyone with little to no evedence. I no of 2 convicted that I don't belive did it. First guy was on the school board of a small town. His 16 Y/O step daughter came home drunk and he took the car away. She said he touched her. Second guy was going through a devorce and custody battle. Wasn't looking good for wife cause she was a drug user. So she claimed he messed with the kid. Both cases had no phyical evedence, just one person saying stuff. Both cases ended in convictions and prison terms.

8. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

wow... theres 68 registered in my area. 3 that live in a 2-3 block radius of my house.

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Exactly..........................

10. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

3 small kids here. I'll give anyone the benefit of the doubt, but I like to know. I am aware that there are people on the lists that may not really belong (18 yo got caught with 17yo), but I still like to have some idea of whoo is around my kids.

11. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I have a friend in the Sheriff's office here, he is in charge of compiling the offender list and has told me many a horror story re: misreporting. There was one listed on the registry around the corner from my new house, I asked Derek and he said the guy had been charged w/statutory years ago for dating a high school girl (he was in college), long story short they are married now with three kids (Derek learned this when the guy re-registered with a new address).

That being said, I still would like to know every single one of them and where they live, especially now that I have a daughter. Right across the street from my office is a rental with a "Habitual Violent Sexual Predator" living there, his pic and address are on the state site and you bet your ass I know exactly who he is, see him every once and a while at the post office or grocery store and thank God I have a way of identifying this POS.