Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sf 14bolt??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jtl_77, Jun 30, 2005.

1. jtl_77

jtl_77 Registered Member

I have done some searching and could'nt find my answer. I have a sf 14bolt 8-lug out of 82 c-2500 laying around. I was wondering if I could just buy some 6-lug axles for it or is there some length differences?? Any other problems with making a change like that?

Thanks

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Pull the axleshafts out of that axle and measure it. Then call National Drivetrain. In the past they had the 6 lug axles for around $88ea... Not sure if there were any length differences throughout the years, but as long as your measurements match theirs you good.. :thumb:

3. 4x4mike

4x4mike Registered Member

The axle tube lengths on the K and C trucks differs. I have an axle from a 2wd drive truck and it is narrower than my old 10 bolts that I took out. The axle lengths may be the same.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Whats the WMS-WMS on that axle?

There are apparently 3 different widths of 14SF, my 6 lugger is 68". If yours is that, then you know that there are stock axles out there that will work.

5. sandracer799

sandracer799 1/2 ton status

I got my shafts from a mid 90's truck with the 6 lug 14 sf and they were a little longer than what i had, i ended up have to space out the backing plates and it made the rear axle as wide as the front axle.