Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sfa question/lift

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by bad_bo_ti, Jan 10, 2003.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

does anyone know the least amout of lift you can use with the sfa swap? i would love to buy the kit and install it but i dont want to run a huge lift, i would like to keep it rolling on 33s-35s thanks chris

2. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well if you go with ORU"s kit you only get 3" of lift. So if you want to run 35's you can run a 4" spring and the kit which is 7" of lift, or if your willing to do some cutting you can run a 2" or so spring...

I run 8" springs shrunk down to 5.5" and the kit adds 3 so I run about 8.5" of lift total with 39.50's.

3. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

thanks, i thought i remembered seeing something somewhere where you can only have like a lift atleast 5-6in for clearance issues? but i dont know i what you need to clear upfront, the steering? i have a 3in body lift also. guess if it came down to it i could ditch the body lift and just go all springs. thanks again

4. willyswanter

Hmm, well I never really thought about it but yeah, you probably would have some clearance issues. The drag link for crossover steering would probably hit the frame and possible diff contact on the engine crossmember. All things you could get around with a little creative fabrication /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. bigd_176

bigd_176 Registered Member

i built my own kit but i'm running 12 inch superlift springs in the front and 8 inch in the rear and it's flying over 42 inch swampers no body lift. 93 suburban /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif suburban pics

6. willyswanter

Well thats just plain freakin huge!!! Mine with about 8" of lift total feels way too tall /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

7. bigd_176

8. willyswanter

Yep thats just too tall to be used on the trail /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9. bigd_176

good thing i didn't build it for the trail..
    it's only good for snow and mud and driving on the street so people can say (why?) /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I built my own stuff using 72 K5 front springs and a shakel flip on the rear. It's about 8 inches above stock and rolls on 38's .I moved the front forward about 1 1/2 inches for fender clearance and trimmed the front bumper. Have a little contact in full flex on front with 8 inch wheels . Plan on 42's and fender trim later. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif This truck gets wheeled hard /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. mudddog91

mudddog91 1/2 ton status

i built my own lift on my 91 using 74 3/4 ton rear springs up front and a 4 link with f-150 coils in the rear.Not to difficult but if you dont do much fab work you arte better off with the kit............ /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

12. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

hey thanks for the reply, aitn yet decided what i am going to do, thinking of selling the beast maybe. thanks again