Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SH!T hit the fan today....

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by 55Willy, May 23, 2003.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

well mor eliek the fan hit [naughty word]. I got up early to finish up Josh's engine crossmember, turned out awesome, looked almost chrome after it wire wheeled. So I headed over to my G'mas to help with some yard work for a few... then about 4:00 I was going to meet my buddy at his house to do some brakes on his 97 z71. I stopped at Dairy Mart to get some gateraid since it was hotter then a MOFO today. I get up on the hiway and go to turn and I hear this weird ass noise.. I look in my mirror to see what it was and it looked like a hub had parted ways with the axel... so I ease over to the turn lane(which was the way I was headed anyways) and hop out to see cars avoiding the shrapnel. I look under and round the chassis and see nothing wrong...except FLUID POURING OUT FROM THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I shut the motor off and pop the hood. sure enough NO WATER PUMP PULLEY< NO SPACER NO FAN!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I look and I see the belts are still in place and then find the fan was jambed in the core with a bunch of holes just pouring fluid, and the only thing stopping it from going farther through was it hit the tranny cooler lines. So i jog back up the road and find the object was not a hub but the fan spacer.... but the pulley is still MIA even after doing a comb over of the area. So I'm in need of a radiator and fan pulley for a diesel engine (mines a 89 6.2)

Atleast we were able to get it towed back to my house.

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif, I also found out 2 guys can push a 3 ton turd out of the way of traffic,LOL

-Jeremy

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

holy sh!t man, have you been able to find out how it happened? At least that fan or anything else didn't go flying thru the body and hit someone.

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

daaaamn... that sux. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that sucks big time /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Holy cow /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Oh that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I had a similar thing happen with my 82 'burb's 6.2 but it was the alternator bolt back out shearing off the fan blades sending them every which way. I found that a Ford powerstroke fan and pulley are the same and readily available at junk yards. I just had to grind the ends down on the fan a little bit but it worked for the next year with no problems. Just an idea for parts if you can't find a 6.2.