Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shackel flip and towing?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88sub4x4, Mar 13, 2003.

1. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

I was thinking about doing a shackel flip on my burb, but I have heard that if you tow it would be no good. Can anyone explain why? Is it due to the tounge weight, or a sway concern? I want to go another 2" but I don't want to loose articulation going from a 4" spring to a 6", and I won't use a block. I have had no luck with them. Thanks to any who can explain. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. GRINCH

GRINCH 1/2 ton status

I tow and I also have a shackle flip no problems...

Do a search there has been alot of discussion on this already.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I was thinking about doing a shackel flip on my burb, but I have heard that if you tow it would be no good. Can anyone explain why? Is it due to the tounge weight, or a sway concern? I want to go another 2" but I don't want to loose articulation going from a 4" spring to a 6", and I won't use a block. I have had no luck with them. Thanks to any who can explain. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not tow with a shackle flip. I have one on my '84 and the rear suspension is very soft.

4. pomai

pomai 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I did a OffRoad Design 4" shackel flip. I tow a 2 horse trailer and have had no problems. I still can't feel the differance before the flip install and know. to me the stability of the blazer is the same.

5. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Ask Grim Reaper about his story. It's been mentioned several times way back. Let's just say he wouldn't recomend towing with shackle flips.