Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shackle bushings

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 99firehawk, Oct 18, 2003.

1. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

why is it that no one can me the right shackle bushings /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I sent my better half to 2 diffrent stores and bith times she brings back the wrong ones, does anybody have some pictures of a new bushing not in a shackle, or know where I can get the right ones ?

2. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

3. 99firehawk

4. 99firehawk

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

mikes got good stuff but he stays busy. how soon do you have to have these? you can buy em at the local parts store but i would rather wait a week or 2 on mike to build you some.
    autozone sells both the shackles and bushings rubber or poly.

69k5

6. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    why is it that no one can me the right shackle bushings /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I sent my better half to 2 diffrent stores and bith times she brings back the wrong ones, does anybody have some pictures of a new bushing not in a shackle, or know where I can get the right ones ?

[/ QUOTE ] ORD makes nice greaseable ones.................

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

are you talking about front or rear bushings? I have front ORD heavy duty shackles and my entire front suspension is greasable. The bushings are real nice and I can't wait to try it all out. If you mean the rear stuff, ORD has that too. I ordered a complete greasable rear, new shackle bushings, rear spring eye, and front spring eye. As soon as they get my front U bolts(first design D44 odd size) all of it will be shipped. If you call them up I'm sure they can get you just the shackle bushing.

8. 99firehawk

They are the rear shackle bushings, as far as when i need them........... about 4 hours ago. My weekend car (acting as dd curently) gets the insurance removed and put in storage next monday. Im trying to finish up my 90% rebuild on the truck before then. The more i look at the bushings that I have I think they may work Ill try in the morning. It looks like ord has what i need cant order till monday though. Has anybody replaced their shackle bushings? what did your new ones look like?

9. 45acpJr

45acpJr 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Az-Kickin' Offroad also sells Daystar bushings and shackles at jobber pricing/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif