Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shackle flip and 0 rates or new rear springs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chris672, Aug 12, 2002.

1. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

Right now I have a 4" suspension lift with blocks in the rear and a 1" body lift. I want to get rid of the rear blocks and I was considering either doing a shackle flip and 0 rates or 4" lift springs. I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions or opinions on what the best setup would be.

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Keep in mind if you go with springpacks 4" may not level your K5. Saggy butt! Reson is that premade springpacks are made to the pickup weight specs not blazer's. I used 5 1/2" Superlift packs in the rear of mine and sits level with the hardtop on & 4" Rancho up front.With the top off you can barly see the rear poking up a bit higher. I would rather have a little stinkbug than a saggy butt!!
    I never ran a shakel flip so can't give my opinion on that.
    Good Luck

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i would go with the flip and zeros you'll flex better cuz the stock springs are flatter than lifted springs.

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

there's nothing wrong with the saggy butt! mine sags a little and i like it. but when i get the flip and zeros i'm gonna go up to 6" fronts.