Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shackle Flip and Lift Questions!?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Nitrodrip350, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

I was going to go with the ORD Shackle Flip 4 incher and 2 inch rears and 6 in fronts (Tuff Country), but I have been reading that due to the extra weight in the back that the rear may hang lower then the back. Then question is this first who has this set-up and does it sit even? I know that there are other constraints that come into with every truck being different, but don't want to spend the money that I don't have again! The other alternative I was thinking about is using the 2.5 ORD Shackle lift with 4 inch springs this would give me an extra .5 of lift in the rear. The only problem is I want as flexy as a suspension that I can get ...... HELP?!

Shane-

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Do the ORD flip and 3" tuff country ez ride springs. It may sit a little higher in the rear, but looks better than the front sitting higher, and will level out will all you gear in the back. When my Jimmy had the hardtop and doors on it it sat level with all my gear in the ack, and I ran the 4" ez ride springs in the front and 6" ez ride springs in the rear with the overload flipped.

Dan

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I was going to go with the ORD Shackle Flip 4 incher and 2 inch rears and 6 in fronts (Tuff Country), but I have been reading that due to the extra weight in the back that the rear may hang lower then the back. Then question is this first who has this set-up and does it sit even?
    If I had a "sag" problem after installing the 4" with 2" leafs, I would just go for the 1" zero rates... and move the axle back 1" while I was at it!

I know that there are other constraints that come into with every truck being different, but don't want to spend the money that I don't have again! The other alternative I was thinking about is using the 2.5 ORD Shackle lift with 4 inch springs this would give me an extra .5 of lift in the rear. The only problem is I want as flexy as a suspension that I can get ...... HELP?!
    Did I hear FLEXY? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Have you looked into springer suspension systems? I too was looking at the ORD flip, but I think that I might go to the Spinger stuff instead. The only reason not to use the Spinger stuff is if you plan to tow. Otherwise, dump the $$$ for the Springer Suspension setup. Looks wicked flexed up too!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Just my .02
    -Dan

4. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

Springer Suspension?! As long as I have been on this board I have never heard of them. I can't find any website or anything. Any Links?

5. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

sent you an e-mail....

Marv

6. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

7. mudrunner78

mudrunner78 1/2 ton status

I see on the link below that you can run this setup with a ord setup. I would be very intrested in this setup. I have a 4 in flip and 2 in springs would I gain or lose height with the springer. Thanks Jesse

8. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I would go with the 6" fronts and 4" ORD shackle flips and 2" springs. You can always add a zero rate to the rear for a liltle extra lift.

9. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

mudrunner,

Sent you an e-mail too...

Marv