Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shackle flip and revolvers??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by buhlandy, Apr 28, 2007.

1. buhlandy

buhlandy Registered Member

hey guys ive been thinkin bout doin a shackle flip on my k5... but i was wondering if any of yall are usin a shackle flip and teraflex revolvers together???? if so how well is it .... and how much of a difference will it actually make.... on the rear???? i have a 4 inch ord flip ordered.... is the flip worth puting on how much difference will just a shackle flip make compaired to my 4 inch block lift in the rear .....

2. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

3. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I think that the main consensus on here is that revolvers on a fullsize are bad. Something about how that can randomly unload (such as on a steep hill) causing the vehicle to roll.

As for your other question, a shackle flip will be much better than your 4" blocks. The stock gm shackle design sucks...and the shackle flip helps this problem. The truck should ride better, flex better, have less axle wrap, and you never have to worry about spitting out a block.
    -Harrison

4. buhlandy

thanks guys... i read alot on a link that MNorby gave me and seems really scary .... i dont thnk i will risk it wit the revs. but how much flex will i get by instalin my 4 inch flip in place of my blocks and stock shackle stuff.... does any one have some b4 and after pics of the flex for comparison????

5. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

here's a pic from back in the day, 4" shackle flip rear, 4" tuff country ez ride springs in the front
    [​IMG]

6. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

It will be a noticeable difference. You will also notice a difference with the ride quality as well.

I have attached some pics of my truck with a shackle flip in the rear and 4" front BDS springs. Notice in the second pic how the shackle flip allows the shackle to become almost in line with the spring. This is how you gain some flex. The truck isnt near flexed out in these pics as the ditch is pretty small, and the swaybar was still hooked up.
    -Harrison

DSCN0241.JPG

DSCN0242.JPG

DSCN0244.JPG

7. buhlandy

thnks

wow ... thanks a lot guys... those really help alot ... im def. gonna install it the day it comes in .... are there any issues with the stock slip yoke and shaft .... like the yoke pullinout of the tcase wen flexin it out all the way???? will my stock shaft b ok to use safely and all with a flip kit???

8. muddermilitia

Alright some people will say that u can use the stock shaft, I tried to. It vibrated so bad!! After the first test drive I measured and ordered a double CV driveshaft. But I had no other vehicle so I had to drive the truck to and from work, after a week I noticed the vibration got worse, I got out and looked at the shaft, only to see that one the u-joint caps blew out and I nearly blew out the u-joint:eek1:

After the new shaft was installed the vibration went away completely

9. buhlandy

alright ... how much doe dbl cv shafts usually cost????? and should i get a collapsable shaft and a sye ....or just a std shaft with dbl cv's

10. muddermilitia

I think mine cost 250 or 275 it was a slipyoke with double cv.
    What t-case do you have?