Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shackle flip and shackles

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85k5blzr, May 8, 2001.

1. 85k5blzr

85k5blzr 1/2 ton status

I was wondering if anybody had done the 4" shackle flip and put on revolver shackles and what you thought about it? How is the ride quality on and off road? I have also heard that the shackle flip is junk because it causes the axle to move freely.....i doubted that this was true if so many people had them. Also, i was wondering what else i need to buy to add 4" to the front? is all i need just steering arm, springs, and brake lines?

85 k5 blazer with an old 305....must have more power! [​IMG]

2. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Shawn has the revolver shackles on his shackle flip. If you drive mostly on the street I would say stay away from the revolvers if it is trail only go for it. The shackle flip by itself works great and improves your ride.

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

3. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have heard from a few people to stay away from revolvers if you do lots of road driving - why?
    I will assume too much potential lean in hard cornering? Stink-bugging under braking?
    Has anyone thought about running extension lock-out plates? They would need to allow the revolver
    to rock like the stock shackle..... Lose the bolts and put threaded studs all the way through, put nuts on the revolver, stick on plate(s) and put a lockable nut on....? 5 minutes to remove with airtools when you hit the trail. Dave