Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shackle Flip/ Exhaust Clearance

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84k5, Jun 10, 2000.

1. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I will be getting a lift real soon, but I don't want blocks. I want to get the 4" shackle flip from ORD, but when I was looking at it today I noticed the exuast pipes went right under the shackle on the driver's side. Does anyone know about clearance problems here? Will the exhaust have to be rerouted? I don't think there is clearance, but I haven't measured.

Brian

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I have custom bent dual exhaust on mine, but clearance was fine. After the flip, the tailpipes go in between the frame and the springs, whereas before they were under the springs. Even under maximum flex, the pipes shouldn't hit anything. I hope you're as lucky.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Mine go right under the shackle...looks like a good excuse for a new exhaust system.

Brian

4. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

Run the exhaust between the shackle and the tank just keep the pipes inside the bumper or else you'll get fumes through the rear window when open on the road or trail.Brady