Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shackle Flip for 99 GMC

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Sniper, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Sniper

Sniper Registered Member

Hey, if I grind down the cross member that is located right where my brackets are until it's flush with the frame rails, will the flip kit # GU48010 work? If not, is there a kit in the works for my application? <font color="red"> </font color>

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

If you have a HD truck we can set you up right now, we have those kits in stock. For the light duty trucks (1/2T, silverado, whatever terminology you want to use) we don't have a kit yet but I know they're a good bit different from the 88-98 shackle hangers so I don't think you can use an older kit. The 2500HD kit might crossover easier, but I'm not sure of the frame width differences on the two.
    Basically I don't have a really good answer for you right now, sorry. The silverado flip kit should be available by the first of the year, so maybe you just wait for it?
    Hope this helps

3. Sniper

Sniper Registered Member

Thanks for the quick response Stephen...I can wait till the first of the year I guess...will the price be in the same ballpark as the other kits?

SNIPER

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

The 2500 HD flip has turned out to be a somewhat complex bracket set and it's the same $185 as the 73-87 kit so I'm guessing the LD flip kit should be about the same.