Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shackle flip?? How much lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTBLAZER89, Jul 15, 2006.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Wow after a week of getting wrong bushings and swapping springs from lift springs to 56's to 52's no back to lift springs. I was going for the 56's with an echobit flip. I found out I have two mismatched 56" main leaf so I need all three size bushings. No big deal I also have a set of 52's so they'll work for now. Today is my last day to prepare for Blazer Fest cause I am camping from tomorrow till Weds then thurs leaving for Hollister. Fun I love rushing:crazy:
    Anyway I had a 5 leaf 52" pack with no zero rate and the echobit shackle flip with stock shackle. It came out to about 7-8" of lift in the rear:eek1: Has anybody else ever had that happen? I guess maybe my 52's have some arch to them or something because it was at least 3" higher than the rear. I pulled the bottom leave kind of an overload about 1/2" thick. Maybe dropped down about an inch, but still looked dumb as hell:rolleyes: I ended up pulling everything back off and reinstalling my lift springs. It's finally back on it's tires after a week and a half of working on it, and I didn't change one thing:mad:

Sorry just ranting:wink1:

2. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

that sucks dude, i guess i have yet to have that problem

3. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well I am finally done. 2 days of marathon wrenching and it's out of the garage. really the only thing i did was get really good at swapping springs. I put sliders and my rear bumper on, but other than that it is exactly the same way as it went in. :mad: I still have to grease my front end, and change the oil.