Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shackle flip install q...

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by shaggyk5, Apr 5, 2002.

1. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

Stephen, when puting in the 4" flip. does it really matter if the shackle faces foward or back? I accidentally put mine on open side fowards yesterday, if it will cause problems i will pull it off and turn them around, but as far as my tired eyes can see, it really wont make much difference.

BTW, all the bushings and everything else has gone together flawlessly. thanks.

2. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

up to the tippy top.

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah, I'm wondering this too. In the instructions it says to make sure put them in so the "front" sticker on them faces torwards the front of the truck. Well, uh, mine aint got no stickers/forums/images/icons/wink.gif.

4. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

5. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

I believe the shackle brackets should be positioned so that the bolt that the shackle mounts to is closer to the from of the truck. Look on ORD's write up of the shop blazer, they have a pic of the rear suspension where the bracket is installed from a previous lift -but it is backwards-. Meant for a longer spring in a custom application I assume.

6. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

Your right, thats what I did. Im actually talking about the position of the shackle itself. In all the writeups and instructions ive read, It says to intall the shackle itself with the open side facing back. I accidentally intalled them open side fowards, but i cant really see a problem with it. I just want an official OK from stephen saying i can leave it like this, or the official order to turn it around and do like the instructions say.

7. Ryan Melton

Ryan Melton Registered Member

It doesn't matter which way the open side faces. I think the instructions have the opening facing rearward for "aesthetic" reasons. It just seems to look cleaner. I seem to remember Stephen mentioning this quite a while back, but I couldn't find the post.

Ryan

8. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Shackle position doesn't really matter, it does the same job facing either way.
    The flip does install with the shackle mounting point forward of the bracket centerline.

9. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

These are the same things i had ?'s on so now i won't be lost tonite when i do my flip!!!

10. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

gotcha boss.