Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shackle Flip Installation Question

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by nvrenuf, Sep 7, 2004.

1. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I recently purchased used 4" flip brackets from another CK5 member, I will be using these on my 91 K5 with 5.5" Superlift 56" springs. Can I install the brackets "backwards", with the offset to the rear, in the original holes? I'm not sure if the offset is enough/too much for the 56's, just looking at parts and thinking. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I don't mind drilling for the ORD brackets I was just wondering if I could cheat. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Yes that is how a lot of guys are fitting the 56's. It works out pretty well.

3. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Do you mean putting the bracket at the front of the spring or leaving it at the rear of spring just turned around? I'm confused, but very intrigued!

Kris

4. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

The brackets are actually a right and left design. The shackle bolt hole is about an inch or so foward of center when installed normally. The can be swithed left to right and it kicks the bolt hole towards the back of center. It allows you to use the normal kit and 56" springs on a K5 with no extra mods.
    hope that explains it.

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Great info!!! Thanks for the help! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif