Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shackle flip kits

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rednecktrux, Nov 20, 2005.

1. rednecktrux

rednecktrux Registered Member

hey i was wondering if i can still possibly us my 4" blocks when i use the shackle flips or would it totally screw me over? im tryin to convert my daily driver to trail rig only and i need suggestions and guidance while doin it.

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

you can still use them, but you'll get 8" of lift instead of 4". not to mention, with the blocks it will move your axle forward more than with just the shackle flip.

3. rednecktrux

rednecktrux Registered Member

how much worse would it be on the drivetrain? i mean like how much more forward do u think?

4. mciahpv

mciahpv Registered Member

Depends on how much spring lift you have to start with. If you're running stock springs, your forward movement (without the blocks) will be minimal (maybe .5 inch)

I just put the ORD flip kit on my '86 with 12" lift springs and it moved my axle forward 2". (Which is a LOT, BTW)

For the record, I love the ORD flip kit (and all their products, acutally) just know that if you start playing with the flip and blocks, you could experience a LOT of axle movement. And realize that as your axle moves forward, your pinion angle gets worse. Nothing that can't be fixed, but just something to think about.

Best of luck...