Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shackle flip q's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jones, Jan 20, 2005.

1. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

i'm looking into an ORD or homemade flip.i don't necessarilly need alot of lift.just want to clear 33"s.i was thinking about the 2.5" kit from ORD,but the front springs are only 2".i want it to be level.not even a slight rake if it'll be noticable.does anyone know how to solve this problem,or am i just being anal.with the home fab flip w/ 1/2t. springs,cutting the bottom out of the hanger,is it actually strong enough that way or did you box it.any tips for a first time homefabber.what about d/s length w/ the homebrew style.i just put $150 in to having one lengthened 2 weeks ago.trying to save $$$ to spend in other areas.pics/advice/pics/pics appreciated.thanks!p.s.how much lift gained the DIY way?

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126181

I plan to use the front mounts from the rear spring of a 2 wheel drive truck. I think it will give me about 2" of lift and I will have the benefits of a compression shackle. I already have 5.5" lift springs in the rear and I just want a couple more inches of lift. If you are real picky you can always use ORD's 1" zero rates front or rear to adjust the ride height to your taste if whatever mods you do don't work.

3. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

2 vs. 2.5 inches.........that is kinda' anal ;) Seriously, I really don't think it would be noticable. Besides, most K5's sit a little lower in the back to begin with.

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

he doesn't have a K5, he has a longbed truck. i don't think its gonna be that noticable. 1/2" over 11 feet, your rear springs probably sag a 1/2" anyway.

you have to remember, youll have to rotate the pinion down with a shackle flip. not sure how far, but a long bed truck needs it with a shackle flip.

5. xtrmjoe

xtrmjoe 1/2 ton status

The back is better a little higher so when you load that sucker up it wont sag as much in the back.

6. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

If you use the front spring hangers use the 1/2 ton hangers, they are a little bit shorter than 3/4 ton hangers. I would just use block for 2".