Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shackle flip question...Sorry.....

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by SchnorrCS, Feb 22, 2006.

1. SchnorrCS

SchnorrCS 1/2 ton status

Ok...I posted something similar to this in the garage, but thought I'd bring it to the forum where the man might see it.

My truck is a 74 K5, with a 4 inch all spring lift. I run 35 in tires, and have done some decent trimming so they never rub. Point being, I don't want it higher, cause I'm avoiding the top heavyness these trucks get.
    But I saw the shackle flip and want the flex. What would you think if I got the 2.5" flip kit for the rear, took a leaf or 2 (?) out of the rear packs, flipped the overload upside down for more flex and bolted it back together? I also thought about some zero rates for the front, but would prefer not to. What do you guys think? Anything I have overlooked for the front end? Thanks for the help.

Stephan...Your imput would help alot. I've watched the tan/green K5 over the years. Super cool.
    Thanks,
    cS

2. SchnorrCS

SchnorrCS 1/2 ton status

Helloooooo....Echooo Echoooo Echooooooooo?

3. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Stephen does not get on here much maybe once a week at the most. Give them a call and discuss on the phone I have always had someone help me out.:D

Ira

4. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Here's what I did:
    I had stock spring and a zerorate and 4" flip. I bought a 4" 56" spring and a 6" shackle. I removed the overload spring, flipped the shackle mounts and my truck is ~.5" higher and flexy as hell. Something about the 56" Surburban springs and the 6" shackle.

5. SchnorrCS

SchnorrCS 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys...I think I'll give them a call and go from there.