Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shackle flip question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 89newtome, Jun 8, 2005.

1. 89newtome

89newtome Registered Member

Apr 28, 2005
    This may sound stupid but--I am thinking of doing a shackle flip on the rear of my 89 blazer. It already has a 3 inch susp. lift. I was wondering what to do with the front to level it off. I have read about puting 52" springs on the front but I dont know if that would lift it enough.
  2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Dec 14, 2001
    I did a ORD shackle flip on the rear of my 89 blazer and i have 4" superlift springs as well in back but only have 6" superlift springs up front but i also have a D60 which gives about 3/4" more due to the spring pad height being taller. My truck sits a little taller in back than front giving a very nice stance to it. I would say only about an inch difference at best.
  3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

May 19, 2001
    52" springs will get you between 4 and 5" of lift up front. I guess what you do in the front depends on how much final lift you want. Do you want 7" (4" shackle flip + the 3" springs) or just 4" from a flip with stock height springs. What size tires are you going to run? IMO lower lift is best for pretty much all terrains save deep mud. If you decide you want to keep your 3" lift springs out back, you could always do the 52" spring swap up front but use 3" lift springs instead of stock 52s...