Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shackle flip ?'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 89coptzer, Dec 11, 2006.

1. 89coptzer

89coptzer Registered Member

hey guys, im kinda new to the 4x4 world but i want to lift my truck and put bigger tires on it. by the way i have an 89 jimmy. from what i hear a good way to go would be the 4 in shackle flip kit from ord. i was wondering what all is involved with doing this. is their any hidden parts i would have to buy. also could i use another shackle flip kit for the front or would i have to go at the front another way. any help would be greatly appreciated. by the way great site. :laugh:

2. KevinsK5

KevinsK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The ORD kit includes everything to do the swap. All you need is a cutoff wheel, or an air hammer, or a torch or all three. Also, use the search feature on the toolbar. I don't care what your question is, it has already been asked and answered. Good luck with your build. Kevin

3. PsRumors

PsRumors 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the site. The shackle flip kit is for the rear only. The front you will need to buy springs. You should need to buy anything else other than, as previously state, something to remove the rivets from the old shackle mounts.

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Only paid members have access to the search feature.

ORD flip in the rear is straight forward. No shackle flip for the front, get some 4" lift springs.

5. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

6. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Thats stupid... that means we get stuck dealing with clutter in the garage:rolleyes:

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Or people realize what a great feature it would be and pay for the info. Always another answer.

And it does not seem to clutter PBB too badly, so maybe we are just a bit more gracious and don't gripe about things as much.

8. iwaxmyjimmy

iwaxmyjimmy College web wheeler Premium Member

im to busy dumping money into my K5 to take the time and get a membership. i will eventually but its kinda not high on my list of things to do. so i appologize for my dumb post but most the time i cant find nething im looking for and i understand stuff better with someone explaining it to me.

9. PhilS10HO

PhilS10HO Registered Member

I'm searching right now:dunno:

Phil

10. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

I have not done it yet, but in my research and talking to others that have done the SF, zero rates to move the axle are often purchased and installed.