Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shackle flip w/ six inch lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by biglou400ex, Mar 9, 2005.

1. biglou400ex

biglou400ex Registered Member

I already have a 6 inch tuff country suspension lift installed on my truck and was wondering if the ord 2.5 inch shackle flip out back when installed with the longer hill 4x4 shackles up front will allow me to clear 40"s without too much cutting. I am willling to trim but i figure more articulation is better for the $300 extra of shackle parts then spending the money on cutout flares which i dont really like for $400. I know this is gonna probably cause pinion issues which can be corrected with shims and possibly a transfer case drop. I also have a very competant driveshaft builder in town who can make me some sick cv shafts if necessary. My truck is a resto mod, and i just put all new sheet metal on it so i was hoping the shackles would be the way to go. If anyone has any input on if its gonna work or not let me know. Thanks.

2. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The Rear sounds like it should work out ok.

The front however needs something different than longer shackles. I do not know how much longer the hill shackles are than stock but most likely they will cause some caster issues. About the most length you can add to the factory setup is 1/2" longer shackle so that gets you 1/4" of lift.

Look at adding more spring lift or an ORD Zero rate for the front.

3. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

the hill shackles are 2" longer than stock and give an inch of lift. i havnt put mine on yet but i plan on doing it today, they feel like good strong shackles.

4. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have never seen the Hill Shackles so I don't know about their "beefyness" I am sure they are good strong parts.

I would be afraid of taking to much caster angle away with a shackle that is 2" longer than stock.

Just my .02

5. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

6. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I never seen that review on CK5 but they said that they also added a 4 degree shim in the front to correct the angle.