Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shackle flip

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by nmud2deep, Aug 7, 2005.

1. nmud2deep

nmud2deep Registered Member

if i do a shackle flip and get 4 inches more in the rear added to my 4 inch lift i already have....is there a company where i can get an 8inch front lift kit?

2. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

i got 8" superlift spring up front, about $110.00 each

3. nmud2deep

what all steering componets do i need

4. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

I run a cross over/high steer on mine, but I think you can get away with BOTH a raised arm (d44/10blt) and a drop draglink if you don't want to pay for the crossover. if it is a D60 then a drop drag link and a steering arm block

truck 016.jpg

truck 017.jpg

truck 018.jpg

5. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

the above pics are crossover, don't have any of the drop drag link stuff

6. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

You might want to check you ubolts and bolts on your springs. On the passenger rear bolt on the inside of the spring, it looks like there's a 1/8 gap between the bolt head and spring plate. And on the driver side the ubolt has a gap between it and the bottom of your axle tube. Did you use the correct size ubolt? Also it looks like you shimmed your front axle. Did you have your passenger side spring plate milled to match the taper of the shim? Just checking .... :smirk:

7. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

the u bolts are loose, just kinda holding the axle from sliding up the spring when i move it. when these pictures were taken i was waiting for my BTF D60 top plates to come in, as i F'd up my pass side stock plate. I am going to run a matching shim backwards on to p of the leaf, but the home made plate in the picture was too big and hit the leaf at droop off of the end of the third shim. also will be swapping to 52" this weekend :D , so i just wanted to give the guy some ideas of what a cross over high steer looked like. thanks for pointing it out though, it could have been dangerous if i had not known

8. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

:waytogo:
    I thought it was kind of strange that someone would post 'scary steering' pics of their ride and be proud of it.
    Sounds like you're on top of it, so keep up the good work and please ignore me. :rotfl:

9. nmud2deep

can someone give me info on where i can buy the eight inch lift for the front of my truck with all the steering comp. and what is the best shackle flip kit at a good price?

10. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

I got my 8" springs from Fly-n-Hi here in AZ, but any 4x4 shop can get those for you. same with the shocks and brake lines, for cross over steering and flips i went to Off Road Design. good people, good products. Click here for ORD link . Check it out, it has prices too.

11. nmud2deep

the crossover and shocks are not a must but the springs are....what all steering comp. do i need? brake lines...pitmen arm...

12. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

Minimum of a drop drag link and a raised steering arm plus longer brake lines. keep in mind your shocks will probably be too short as will your drive lines. there is a lot more cost to an 8" lift than just springs. that is partially why many on this site advocate using a shorter lift (4") and cutting the fenders for the larger tire clearance. with 4" things get much cheaper. just a thought

13. orange82jimmy

orange82jimmy Registered Member

springs

skyjacker and superlift bouth make front 8in springs and genuen suspention

14. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status