Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shackle Flip

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 76_Cheyenne, Jan 24, 2002.

1. 76_Cheyenne

76_Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

I have a 4" Rancho lift on my 76 K10 and the front end is up a few inches higher than the back because of the worn out springs in the rear. Is an option to do the 2.5 shackle flip in the rear to bring it back level. But I am concerned about having the 4"blocks and 2.5" shakle flip. Does anyone have any ideas?

Toy Eater

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

go with a 4in shackle flip ditch the blocks and get a one inch adaleaf for the rear to leval it out[​IMG]

wheeling pics

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I would also recommend using the minimum block size so the 4" flip would be best. The only concerns with stacking blocks with flip kits is watching the pinion angle since most blocks are angled and it can move the axle forward in the well for a couple reasons. One is some blocks have an offset pin, and the more lift you add, the more it moves forward with a block and a flip.
    With a 2" block you should have minimum problems.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>