Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shackle Flip

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Stylzz, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Stylzz

Stylzz Registered Member

I want to get rid of the sag in the rear but dont know how to do it. I read a lot about the shackle flip but can this be done without a lift in the front? Will it look silly? And what about add a leafs? I dont want to have to do any mods to the driveline. Note, I will be using the blazer for towing a race car and equipment. Any suggestions would help. Thanks,
    Joe

2. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

if you are looking to tow in the future, i would recomend either add-a-leafs or ORD's "zero rates." or look at adding a 3/4 leaf pack in the rear.

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

As said above, zero-rates or and Add-a-leaf are your best bets to raising the back without a 4 wheel lift.

4. Stylzz

Stylzz Registered Member

Yea I thaught those would be my best options but just wanted some input from someone else. Thanks for the help.
    Joe

5. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Or...you could simply get the rear springs re-arched. I dont know how much it costs but the difference is substatial. On my burban the springs were recently re-arched by the previous owner and on my grandmother's the springs have never been messed with and i would say the rear of mine sits about 3-4" higher than hers. On mine, the rear looks higher than the front (the balsy look...) and on hers the front looks higher than the rear (vato-loco look). Like I said don't know how much it would cost but it would seem to be the least intrusive and least troublesome option.
    This isnt important but check this out... /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif