Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shackle flip

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bhintz, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

I know shackle flip ?s have been asked a 100 times but I couldnt find an answer so heres my questions, I want to run an echobit shackle flip just b/c of ease on install and I already have a 3.5 inch block in the rear. will will I need new longer shocks or will the rancho 5000s that or made for the lift still work, and I know w/out lookin at or knowing measurements will I need a longer long drive shaft and what degree shims will I need

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Your best bet would be to pm Mike (BorregoK5) and ask him on his THOUGHTS. I could differ from what he actually suggests, but it will give you an idea /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Brandon,
    I PM'd you with the following (for everyone else). Sounds like you might have a Rancho 4" lift - they came with 3.5" tapered blocks for the rear. I run the 57" flip kit in its place now with great success. With the flip kit and stocks spring, your stock location shocks should work just fine, you may hang on them under full articulation but not by too much. The flip will actually shrink your driveshaft length just a little so that helps your short driveshaft scenario, you can augment this with an offset zero rate or some creative relocation by drilling the spring plate. You'll most likely need about a 5 degree shim whether you go stock springs or the 57's, both will net the same lift but the 57's will require much more shock. The 57's typicly require inbounding or relocation of the shocks to take full advantage of flex. The 57's are 1" shorter from the centering pin to the front eye so about 1.5" of relocation is just right to center everything up. You generally get about 5-5.5" of lift from either aproach. Given the choice, I'd run the 57's again and again without flinching - its just so much bang for the buck!