Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shackle flip

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by nicotine, Jan 26, 2004.

1. nicotine

nicotine 1/2 ton status

just got the ord shackle flip and my question is since the springs are moved forward then do the tires move forward as well. if so how much would it do so? any noticable amount?

2. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

It doesnt move much, it does tilt the pinion up pretty good.
    Theres pics of the 4" flip on my truck in the below link. I really didnt notice much.

3. nicotine

nicotine 1/2 ton status

it tilts so there is not so many angle on the ubolt?

4. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

The spring pack bolts flat against the axle, when you raise the truck (or lower the rear part of the spring) it will naturally pivot the pinion up. The position is perfect if your running a CV rear driveshaft. For those like myself you can either shim the axle back down so the angles of the u-joints are the same or leave it. I opted to lower the rear of the transfer case to reduce the angle at the transfer case U-joint so I dont have a vibration issue from the severe angle.

Someday, I may go to a CV type rear shaft so I can put my xfer case back up.

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

How far forward did your axle move when you installed the ORD shackle flip? I have a 4" flip I am getting ready to install and want to have everything ready before I do it.

6. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

With a flat spring, you get a negligible change in the rear axle location, like 1/4" or so. Keep in mind that GM seems to have put the tire closer to the front of the opening to start with.