Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shackle Flips, good/bad/ugly???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blackblazer717, Jul 2, 2004.

1. blackblazer717

blackblazer717 1/2 ton status

hey
    i have 4inch blocks in the rear of my V-10 blazer and i dont like them, i get bad vibrations from pinion angle and i dropped the t-case 2 inch's would shackle flips help to fix this problem? if so is their a company or companys to get them from? thanx

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    hey
    i have 4inch blocks in the rear of my V-10 blazer and i dont like them, i get bad vibrations from pinion angle and i dropped the t-case 2 inch's would shackle flips help to fix this problem? if so is their a company or companys to get them from? thanx

[/ QUOTE ]Get yourself the ORD 4" shackle flip. http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/shacklekit.htm

3. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Shackle flip would probably help quite a bit. Call ORD and they should be able to help you.

4. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

The shackle flip won't help if you have vibration from blocks it will probably worsen it as it makes the pinion angle worse. Your problem may be you lowered the t-case too much most only lower it 1". A 4" lift shouldn't give you vibration have you checked the driveshaft u-joints or had the shaft checked for balance.

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

With the case dropped it may be ok. On my 83 I did the shackle flip, but the joint on the case side was angled bad, so I got a CV shaft. Since your case is dropped , you may not have that problem /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif