Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shackle Kit arrived!

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by achim1000, Mar 21, 2003.

1. achim1000

achim1000 Registered Member

Thanks, Stephen!

The Shackle Flip Kit arrived here (Hamburg, Germany) one week ago on March 14th. So USPS ground shipping took 6 weeks, as expected.

I guess you already had some german costumers, because of that, what you wrote in german on the parcel /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Unfortunately the german customs official didnt believe that it was a gift, so I had to pay toll and tax, but that was not too much.

Achim

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Achim,

Will you be able to convince the TUV that this part is "legal" once you install it?

I've heard that the TUV can really make things hard for people who want to make changes to their vehicles....especially in areas like suspension which could be perceived as a "safety" issue...????

3. achim1000

Hi Greg,

I´m not sure, if the TUV will approve it. I think I will not even tell the TUV, I guess (hope) they wont see the modifications, because there are very few Trucks here to compare!

Although it is right to have a technical survey on each car for safety reasons, the TUV can be a real PITA...

4. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

Der deutsche TÜV kann einem den Spass and der Freud' richtig vermiesen! Ich finde es weitaus angenehmer, wie die Regeln hier in Nebraska gehandhabt werden; Shackle flip hier ist kein Problem! Viel Spass jedenfalls mit der Schrauberei! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

No thanks, they give me gas... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

6. achim1000

ooops...
    Mit ´ner deutschen Antwort hätte ich hier gar nicht gerechnet! /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Ist vielleicht netter für den Rest, wenn wir hier englisch schreiben?! Was machst Du denn in den USA?

Schrauben werde ich erst in ca. 5-6 monaten, geht nicht vorher, ich ziehe um etc...

7. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Yes it would be nicer if you wrote in english. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. achim1000

[ QUOTE ]
    Yes it would be nicer if you wrote in english. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Obviously we can continue writing in german, since everyone seems to understand anyway /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif