Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shackle lenth

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NoSmog73, Mar 6, 2003.

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

If I was looking to use the F150 rear springs and the ord 4" shackle flip what would be the right lenth of the shackle be..Or will the stock shackle be ok....Thanks

2. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

A 6 inch shackle with the ORD's installed on opposite sides, or redrill the frame back 1 1/2" for the ORDs and you could run a stock 4" shackle.

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    redrill the frame back 1 1/2" for the ORDs and you could run a stock 4" shackle

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Mike that was the answer I was looking for... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. crwln73

crwln73 1/2 ton status

Hey Mike,
    You think that 6" shackle is going to help my shackle angle?Maybe I should add a leaf out of the stock Chevy pack to stiffen it up a little.

5. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I was looking through your pictures and saw the one of the 4" shackle just about inverted. Adding the extra 2" to the shackle will wrap the shackle back to about 45 degrees so you should be great. I have them right here at my feet raw stell - packaged and ready to go out in the morning so you can make the Hammers trip. With last weekends carnage, I'm not going to be able to go, but take a lot of pictures and do a write up on it because I will definately take a trip up there and run it when I'm fixed. Your truck is looking really good, exactly how I'd want mine if I didnt have a blazer. Nice work!

6. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    A 6 inch shackle with the ORD's installed on opposite sides

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I have, I used the existing holes the rivets were in. The shackle angle I ended up with seems to work well, no probs with binding. This setup netted me about 4 inches of lift. I used some Zero rates and a 1.5" block to equal the front 6" lift.

[​IMG]

7. crwln73

crwln73 1/2 ton status

Thanx for the kind words about the Beast. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Believe it or not that was my first major fab job ever.Been wheelin for quit awhile,but always went with bolt on mods.

5days till the Hammers!!

Hope those shackles get here in time. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif