Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shackle lift??!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k5'er, Jan 27, 2002.

1. k5'er

k5'er Registered Member

i saw a cheap shackle kit at advanced auto..(yeah i know)..how safe would it be to put a kit on the front and rear? i think the max lift with it is 3". would that cause any problems?? if its not then im gonna get them and put them on mon.i have a 3" body kit im gonna put on so if this will work im gonna do it all at the same time. thanks for the help in advance guys and gals!!

Mud! Its cool!

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

i used them on the front of my truck to get an extra inch. I had no problems, but really didn't like it. If you get to high with them, the fold over when you corner.

you're right. I don't understand the jeep thing!

3. lax037

lax037 Registered Member

If you use the shackes on the front of the truck to gain the extra inches, you have to shim the axles to correct the pinion angle, For the rear you have to make different mounts, like ORD Shackle Flip for that to work, and I think you'd be in for a headache doing that since the shackles you are looking at are different thickness than the stock shackles.
    . Just something to keep in mind, although you will get alot of flex out of doing this to the front though.

4. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't waste your money. My rig came with a front shackle lift and I don't like it at all. If you want to save money check the junk yards for the parts you need, or the parts for sale forum.

If you knew the truth, you too would be against marijuana prohibition!
    Blue '74 K5 Blazer Topless W/ 35 BFG Muds (See profile for pics)

5. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

just a question...why dont you like the shackles? is it from cornering characteristics or what?

Later

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?