Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shackled flip

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigdaddy89, Jun 14, 2000.

1. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

Has anybody tried using a longer shackle in the rear along with the shackle flip to accomplish a little more lift using the stock rear springs. Maybe the same shackle used on chevys to lower them can be used the same way but with some lift. I don't know if this would make the rearend a little squirely? Any opinion?

2. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    I haven't did it on my truck. I had extended shackles on a S-10 I had prior to my blazer. The only problem would be the increased pinion angle.

Keep in mind ya all, when you continue to tilt your pinion up, you are not lubricating the front bearing behind the Pinion nut. I counter act this by slightly over filling the rearend by jacking up the filler side.

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

3. Tommy

Tommy 1/2 ton status

I believe the front bearing gets its oil slung onto, correct me if I'm wrong.

4. dumbfounded

dumbfounded 1/2 ton status

I too believe the pinion gets oil. Picture how fast your wheels are spinning at 55 mph then imagine your ring gear, then the pinion spinning 3-4 times as fast. Plenty of oil to "fling around". Maybe 4 wheeling at slow speeds for an extended amount of time could be detrimental but I don't imagine it would..

Wasn't me.............