Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shackles; and lockouts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5Redneck33, Feb 4, 2003.

1. K5Redneck33

K5Redneck33 Registered Member

alright i have two questions.. first off, i am goin to make some shackles for my front leafs on my 77 k5, i am wanting to add 2 inches of lift. does anybody know how long i need to make them? and for my back, i currently have 4 inch blocks. what can i do to achieve 2 more inches there? Now for lockouts, my buddy has an 87 silverado 1/2 ton 4x4 of course, and he has warn lockouts on it, they are not engaging. has anybody had a problem like this before? i know his transfer case works cus his front drive shaft spins but no action from the tires. we were plannin on tearin them down but i dont know what exaclty to look for. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    alright i have two questions.. first off, i am goin to make some shackles for my front leafs on my 77 k5, i am wanting to add 2 inches of lift. does anybody know how long i need to make them?

[/ QUOTE ]
    The shackles will have to be 4 inches longer than the stock ones to achieve that amount, but you are liable to run into caster and pinion angles issues with that much shackle.

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yeah that much shackle would destroy things. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Prob have lot of sideways slop too.Get springs up front and lose block in rear ,do shakle flip to level rear with front.You'll be happier in long run. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. K5Redneck33

K5Redneck33 Registered Member

ok then. i allready have 4 inch springs in the front and 4 inch blocks in the back. what can i do(cheap) to get that xtra 2 inches of lift besides body. add-a-leafs?