Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shackles and Shackle Flips?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pow06er, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Pow06er

Pow06er 1/2 ton status

If I do a 2.5" shackle flip and a 6" shackle on my k5. Will it give me a bad shackle angle? And cause a need to move the flip?

Is it worth the extra money to go this route vs. a normal 4" flip and a 4.5" shackle?
    Is the flex gained a big improvement?

ORD claims a 2.5" flip along with a 6" shackle will net about 4" lift. Will this affect my axle to need to be moved back anymore than a normal 4" flip? A zero should work right? I'm just wondering with the smaller flip and larger shackle would it have to be moved more or less?

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

it moves foward because you are piviting the rear axle on the front spring eye. no matter how you get the 4" lift, 2.5" shackle flip with longer shackle or 4" shackle flip, the axle will be moved the same amount.

also with a 2.5" shackle flip and a 6" shackle will give you 3.5" of lift, because the stock shackle is 4" going to a 6" shackle will only change one side of the spring causing the total lift ot be half what the change is.

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

they are saying 2.5" shackle flip, 6" shackle and 63" springs... ask steven in the ord section

4. Pow06er

Pow06er 1/2 ton status

well im not a member so i cant

ill prolly end up running the DIY4X flip and 4.5" shackle cuz its cheaper

5. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

i used the ORD 4" shackle flip with 7.5" shackles for my 63" springs and a zero rate. it still gave me about 4-5" of lift. if i moved the rear ORD hanger more twords the rear then i would have gotten more lift because it would make the shackles closer to 90* the top pic is at ride height. the bottom is no weight on the rear. if i flex it, the shackles will go to 90* and the other will stop when the spring is flat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]